Photo Of Exterior Of The Office Building
Evey Black Attorneys

Defending You After DUI And Traffic Violations

You get pulled over. The police officer is asking you if you know why. They pull out their ticket book and your heart sinks. You know what is about to happen.

For many people, traffic violations and drunk driving lead to more than just a ticket and a slap on the wrist. You are likely to find yourself without a driver’s license, unable to do even the most mundane tasks like get groceries or go to work without serious preplanning or a long bus ride. We have helped hundreds of people in exactly your situation.


What Happens If I Refuse A Breathalyzer Test?

Refusal to take a Breathalyzer test when asked results in a yearlong driver’s license suspension. If you made this mistake, an attorney may be able to help reduce this time period (PA has minimum mandatory loss of license requirements in DUI cases) if you contact us immediately!

Can I Fight A Breathalyzer Result?

Many people do not contest Breathalyzer results because they are seen as infallible detectors of blood alcohol content. However, Breathalyzers are subject to human error and can misread your blood alcohol level especially after the passage of time. If you are concerned about the results of a Breathalyzer, please speak with an attorney.

What Is ARD?

ARD stands for Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition. This is an educational and therapeutic option that is available to many first-time, nonviolent offenders. In Pennsylvania, if this option is available to you and you successfully complete your ARD program, you may be able to avoid court and prevent your charge(s) from staying on your criminal record.

Will This Charge Stay On My Criminal Record?

In Pennsylvania, there are very few ways to expunge your record, and they primarily apply to persons over the age of 70. Your best option for a DUI expungement is through the ARD program. (However, if you are interested in learning if an old conviction can be expunged, please contact us for a consultation.)

A subsequent moving violation has caused me to reach the point of having my license suspended.

Sometimes, we simply make mistakes while driving, but those mistakes occur when the police are around resulting in a moving violation. If you have made more than one mistake within the last year or so, you could be facing a license suspension. An attorney can often work with the citing police officer to get the charge changed so you do not accumulate more points and keep you from losing your license.

What Should I Do Next?

Call our office at 814-317-6914. We are available by phone or email. You can set up a meeting with one of our lawyers to discuss your options. Evey Black Attorneys LLC have more than 60 years of experience with the Pennsylvania criminal justice system. We can review your options and help you decide on your next steps.